Thread: tDCS and Fibro
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TDCS and fibromyalgia.

Since ballerinas posting did not get much interest, at least reply wise, I wanted to chip in.

My chronic pain condition is probably best diagnosed as fibromyalgia/myofascial pain syndrome with autonomic dysfunction...... Etc, etc.

I have been doing ten-day to two weeks trials TDCS for almost 3 months now.

The downside is that I have had no discernible symptomatic relief.

But I keep trying this because if you buy into the concept of central sensitization, then I cannot see why TDCS might not help.

The cost is low. You can buy a device and the accoutrements for $300 or so.

If you want to try it on your on, I'm willing to supply you with all sorts of research papers on the subject and there is a good website that updates on a home very constant basis in a new TDCS research information.

There is a great video out there that can help you with all the mechanics as to where to place the electrodes, et cetera.

For my own selfish reasons, I'd love to see some other people with myofascial pain syndrome or fibromyalgia give this a try.

There also is a very sympathetic and experienced pain doctor out there that you can fly to get advice and suggestions from. Numerous of us have.

If you follow ballerina over to the CRPS forum, there is a long thread there that can fill you in with all the information that I just mentioned if you read the long thread – and you should.

On the upside, I had some trigger points and muscular pain problems that were just unbelievably painful and lasted for a couple weeks and I could not find any way to reduce the pain levels from these things, and on the advice of the fine TDCS Dr., I tried putting the electrode over the belly of the trigger point, and I have had some success. Centering the electrode and keeping in place has been the issue , but I am still experimenting.
voner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ballerina (06-05-2012)