View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am brand new to this site. My husband suffered a ruptured aneurysm back in Jan of this year. He was in a coma for three months and was recently transferred from long term acute care to a rehab hospital. He's still on a gastric tube but can tolerate puddings and jello. He still sleeps a lot and I'm scared because here where we live there are no support groups. The closest one is two hours away.

My husband has movement of his left and right hand and very limited movement of his legs. He requires help for most of his daily functions. In rehab all they do is stretching with hopes of him tolerating more.

The rehab doctor tells me he doesn't think he'll progress anymore than he has now. I have no faith in any of the doctors here because if I had listened to them in the beginning, my husband would be dead and buried. The neurosurgeon didn't even want to do surgery to stop the bleeding because as she put ii "he's 53 yrs old and I don't operate on anyone over 50 because they don't survive". I've had to fight every day with doctors and the insurance companies because no one wants to give him a chance.

I have no clue what to expect and need help understanding what's happening. I have a very strong faith and it's gotten us this far. I know God has been with us since that fateful day back in January and pray that my husband can come back home.
Donna1018 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote