View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree with Eowyn on getting a vision evaluation. I met with a vision therapist last week and she determined that my eyes were definitely not converging together properly. This is causing extreme eye strain and thus my constant headaches. Finally, an explanation! She mentioned that this convergence problem is very common with head injuries. Both eyes cease to work together as they usually should. She put on a program of doing various eye convergence exercises twice a day for three months. Brock string and double bullseye(basically transparent cards with circles in the middle) exercises.

Making a connection between eye strain and chronic headaches does make sense because eyeballs are constantly focusing. From the moment you wake until you close them at night. I am very hopeful that this vision therapy will reduce my headaches.

I too get headaches all day long could never figure out the trigger but focusing problems do make the best sense at this point. There was a period of time when I would only usually get headaches from computer use but my headache frequency increased after taking 300mg of Gabapentin for almost a week and the frequency hasn't lessened too much since got off of it over a week ago. As far as medication, I'm only on 30mg of Amitriptyline now. Other than Gabapentin, I've tried notriptyline(useless), fioricet, simutriptan, and had a nerve block. 10 months into this now, I'm more focused on getting to root of symptoms instead of just masking the pain with tons of meds. Going to neck and spine doctor Thursday to see if there may be an issue there as well.