View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 05:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Hi Sarayuwx, Welcome.

Everything you've shared -- the stress, heartbreak, compassion, anxiety, sensations, reactions, and frustration -- all sounds very... human, and familiar to this group.

Thank you for your kind response. Your signature made me LOL... My dad would do that very quote during every procedure he underwent during his journey with brain cancer. Thanks for the laugh!

As far as the how, I have no clue, probably an age related thing. I have not been to PT, apparently my surgeon felt I did not need it so he has not sent me to one. I did get sent for nerve testing and it was found there that the burning in my arms and hands are both from Carpal Tunnel and damage from my nerves being impinged for so long. Typically, I am a very active, organized person, but since this pain in the neck (haha) I have slowed waaaayyyyyy down and I don't like it one bit.

I am not familiar with Pain Management facilities. But after today I seriously considered going to a local one here. I am not crazy about going to one of those! My spouse seems to think the Dr's there are just going to write you a script for anything you want and send you on your way. I just want to be able to function again. My two youngest boys are 7 and 3, my 7 year old is autistic and a handful. I will be placing a call with my OSS in the morning just to make sure that my plate has not shifted for some reason.

thanks again for your response and your support.

Last edited by mrsD; 06-05-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: fixing quote tags for clarity
Sarayuwx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-06-2012), tamiloo (06-06-2012)