View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 07:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbie View Post
I got the BP block to the lower trunk yesterday. Today I am still in pain after being completely numb until this morning. However, I felt 10-20% relief in my arm and hand. My anesthesiologist wants me to wait until tomorrow to see how I feel after the pain from the injection site wears off (I am having a lot of pain in my collar bone, side of my neck and shoulder). Clearly there is more than just something in my BP going on, so I have to figure out the next step. But I think it's good that you are trying to rule out your disc first and holding off on the BP block for now since your shoulder pain is worse. When you did the scalene block, where did you feel relief? I am so confused about what could be the source of my shoulder and neck pain since I don't have any disc issues.
Hi Parbie,Thats good you feel relief,give it some time. It took me 2 weeks to feel better after the botox. I have bad shoulder and neck pain too and I really dont think its from the disc,and alot of my dr's dont either but theres no way to know for sure without some of these diagnostic tests. In your case it probably is the BP compression, alot of TOS sufferers have this type of pain. The muscles and nerves get inflamed from the BP compression so it could be the source of your pain.My PT is really helping with this with Rib Mobilization. I may get the disc injection just to rule it out,also he stimulates the nerve to see if it recreates the pain.but not sure when.

When I got the scalene block, I really didnt get much releif. If I did it was just for a few minutes.I remeber my scalpula pain coming back in the car on the way home. When he did the 90 degree hand test my pain was better after than before,but the problem is I wasn't in that much pain when I took it, The Dr. thinks it was positive, but I'm not so sure. I may have to repeat it if I decide to go for surgery.

Did you get Radiofrequency or just the block?

Last edited by Jomar; 07-03-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: req by poster
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote