View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I would ask a doctor about it. Have you been to a good podiatrist? To see if you have nerve compressions in the foot?
Have you had Xrays of the foot? To see if there are broken sesamoid bones? I don't recall if you answered this before.. so please forgive me.

When my PN started, I had terrible pain in both feet when I tried to walk first thing in the morning. It was like walking on glass or having broken bones in the foot. They weren't swollen then (I was only 30) and with some limping around, seemed a bit better over the day. This was the beginning of my hypothyroidism and that we know now is a compressive type of damage.
I have not been to a podiatrist. I can probably get a request from my PCP for a foot x-ray. What is it that I should tell my PCP to look for - nerve compression or broken sesamoid bones or both? The pain gets worse as the day progresses - this is because of standing, walking - basically moving around. I have to sit on a stall while doing chores in the kitchen. Its very difficult to stand. I could no longer use shoes with flat soles - it has to be thick and soft.

Thank you.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote