View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 07:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Good Morning

I continued to use my soft collar while driving for several months after the surgeon said I didn't need it anymore. It served as a reminder not to move inappropriately. If you are having spasm, there is an over the counter rub that just might help. I know that sounds crazy when so many prescript. items aren't doing much but give it a try anyhow. It's Thera Gesic rub. I get it at Krogers grocery as it is cheaper there than even WalMart. I know it is just menthol and Methyl Salicilate so go figure. My brother has a bad spine also........cervical and lumbar. I saw him at a family wedding last month and it was a 250 trip, one way. He was a mess. I gave him a new tube that I intentionally took for him, knowing he would try anything that wouldn't interfere with his ability to drive safely. He said it totally eliminated his neck spasm and actually pulled down some of the radicular leg pain. I had to chuckle as I had been trying to get him to try it for several years. I am just adding this to the great suggestions you have already received. Best wishes.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-06-2012), tamiloo (06-06-2012)