Old 06-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Lightbulb The New Snake Oil: Brain Training & Brain Fitness

as this has been discussed on this forum before, the article by DocJohn may be of interest:

Quote:
The New Snake Oil: Brain Training & Brain Fitness
By John M. Grohol, PsyD
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
I couldn’t help but notice the new TV advertisements for a service called “Lumosity,” a company that suggests you can “reclaim your brain” by simply playing their brain training games (at only $15/month). Sounds like fun!

It’s been a couple of years since I’ve written about these kinds of programs (more than once).

So I checked out Lumosity’s research backing to see if anything new has come down the pike to support the use of these kinds of cognitive games to help ordinary adults — not senior citizens or others suffering from mild cognitive impairment. In a nutshell, is there a solid research base to suggest that you can improve your brain’s fitness with these programs?

The answer should surprise no one...........
to read more please go to
http://psychcentral.com/blog/archive...brain-fitness/

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (06-06-2012)