15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Good to see you post Yasuko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fareastY View Post
Hi DiMarie,

Whether you work at home or start running a small business, you must have
a good computer (I mean fast processing, responding etc...) and ergonomic accessories. And yes, they cost.

But once the ball starts rolling, you can earn more than what you would spend for the PC and other stuff.

Nobody knows what skills you have will help bring food on the table and pay the bills. As for me, being TOS has actually led me to work as a medical translator.
While struggling with collecting information on TOS, I somehow built up medical knowledge and developed the effective ways of net search.
Especially, this forum taught (has taught) me a lot of med. terms and human anatomy. I really appreciate every single one of you here

Well, enough about me.
I think the security consultant sounds good as you and others said.
Need more brainstorming, though.

Gotta go to bed.
Yasuko
Yasuko, It is so wonderful to read you!! I wonder often how you are feeling and if you found a good treating doctor. What is it that your work does. Transcribe from doctors dictation?
do have a brand new supped up computer and lap top. With my social security ticket to work I receieved the lap top and software and great printer.

Thanks all for the info and thoughts. Brain storming helps a lot.
LOL, Jo there were a few real intersting jobs listed. The one for court investagator, our county is not one participating, the other counties a re too far to travel. There was one for legal assisting. I wonder if I can advertise to attorneys to review cases to "discover" the smoking gun and shoot down the defendants point of few???

Oh, there was Servers at Adult entertainment and Surroget too, LOL.
I think I am too old and too droopy.

I think the idea of security consultant is good....wonder about fees, I was more into investagating shoplifters when I did security, not to the implemantation of technology. BUT I could learn that.
I do excellant work preparing resumes too, so that my be something to help with a few dollars and get my feet wet.

Our grant at work was cut in half, and the program may not receive any funding next year, and I want to also prepare for my son to do some kind of work too.

I like the idea of providing home security and making all ages and families safe too. Personal safety, travel, and homes....

Maybe the son can work on a business plan and see how he feels.
Any other thoughts, keep them coming.
Thanks Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote