View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 10:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSMother View Post
Hi,

Thanks for sharing. My daughter also loves school and is highly capable. She has had to adjust her goals since her injury but has found some peace with it.

She is now taking 4 classes part time through a private online school (high school) and they are very supportive of her limited work ability. When she feels able to do some work, she can choose which subject to work on. This flexibility really lowers her stress level. There are weeks where she can't do anything, and 1-3 hours is the most that she will work in one day.

She is accepting that she will graduate high school late, and with a less rigorous course load. There is some freedom in thinking about this as a small price to pay for lower stress and healing time. For her, pushing too hard to do school work makes her symptoms worse.

We have found part time, and online courses to be a way to make progress toward the end goal. I just wanted you to know that there are many options to help you reach your goals while healing. Also, your school may be able to give you some ideas and support.
Thank you for your input. Unfortunately my college will not help and I have been set back enough already. In HS due to my Fibromyalgia diagnosis I had to withdraw and miss a year. I then went away to a 4 year college but after 2 years had to return home and go to my 2 year CC due to medical problems again. I now have missed one year from my CC due to my head and I can not afford to take more time off or go slower. I should have my BA right now but I don't even have my Associates. I'm very glad that your daughter has found a way to work with it. I hope one day the world will let me do the same.
Jaystar89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote