View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Fenton View Post
My neuro so far has tried Depakote (it was ok...) and Topamax (OMG just kill me...) and I see him tomorrow. I want to demand something other than Topamax but I was wondering what else was out there so I could throw some names at him. I would not put it past this bastard to tell me "Well Depakote and Topamax are all there really is..." since he is a WC hack. What is working for all you all out there? Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.
I have tried almost every medicine for migraines, it seems. But, there really are more out there than you think there are.

Because I am new here, I am not able to post a link. Google "Health Central Migraine Medications" for a long list of medicaitons you can try.

I've been on close to 15 medications, only two worked. What, specifically, did you not like about Tomapax? If your doctor didn't increase your dosage slowly, you may have increased more side effects. Just food for thought.

I have no idea what has caused my migraines. It could be PCS, hormones, or the combination of the two. My Neurologist suggested eating gluten-free, and my migraines are almost completely gone. I also use magnesium transdermally (on the skin) because it has a better absorbtion rate.
lolah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote