View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

JayStar,

You experience with tests and such sounds like what i went through in high school as a sophomore and than again as a freshman in college. I was a National Honor Society member with good SAT scores but when I was symptomatic, I struggled miserably.

As PCSMother said, the reduced course load will make a big difference. It will also allow your brain to heal and maintain some level of consistent condition. The roller coaster of academic capability from pushing too hard will likely cause poor grades plus prolonged PCS.

You would likely benefit from medication to reduce your OCD. I have been on OCD meds for 12 years. The mental overload I experience without the meds makes life very difficult.

I started making changes to my lifestyle at 21 when my mother made some observations during a visit. I have continued retuning my lifestyle over the years. Taking a slower approach help me in two ways; It helped me be productive and it reduced the stress I put on people close to me.

A NeuroPsych Assessment will go a long way toward helping you understand these issues.

Glad to hear your team insurance may be able to help.

I wish I could remember which NT member came back recently and related how when she finally stopped her life to have time for quiet rest that she finally started healing. She had been reluctant to simplify her life at first and struggled with ongoing symptoms.

If I can find her post, I link to it on this thread.

I found the post. Here is the link: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread169893.html

FYI, If you use the "Post Reply" button at the lower left, it will not quote the previous post.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote