Thread: Diagnosing PCS
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 06:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Diagnosing PCS

To begin, I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome onto this community.

I do not have PCS, but a friend does. You will see me on here asking many questions. I find Google to be confusing, and I am really trying to take the initiative to help my friend recover, and educate my friends who are too complacent to research.

I have a few pressing questions to help me better understand Owen's condition. While I understand that every case is different, i'm just trying to enrich my knowledge.

1. How long after a concussion does it take for someone to be diagnosed with PCS? Are you diagnosed with PCS when your concussion symptoms don't subside?

2. Can someone still have PCS, despite having an MRI or other scan that shows nothing strange?

3. I've read that MRIs can detect if someone with a concussion is suffering from memory loss problems/amnesia, because parts of the brain will light up on the doctors screen. Is this true? (I have read stories of people developing symptoms weeks after an MRI).

These questions may seem amateur, but I am SO grateful for your help.
giselle459 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote