View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 06:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
Hi Parbie,Thats good you feel relief,give it some time. It took me 2 weeks to feel better after the botox. I have bad shoulder and neck pain too and I really dont think its from the disc,and alot of my dr's dont either but theres no way to know for sure without some of these diagnostic tests. In your case it probably is the BP compression, alot of TOS sufferers have this type of pain. The muscles and nerves get inflamed from the BP compression so it could be the source of your pain.My PT is really helping with this with Rib Mobilization. I may get the disc injection just to rule it out,also he stimulates the nerve to see if it recreates the pain.but not sure when.

When I got the scalene block, I really didnt get much releif. If I did it was just for a few minutes.I remeber my scalpula pain coming back in the car on the way home. When he did the 90 degree hand test my pain was better after than before,but the problem is I wasn't in that much pain when I took it, The Dr. thinks it was positive, but I'm not so sure. I may have to repeat it if I decide to go for surgery.

Did you get Radiofrequency or just the block?
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
It sounds like your BP block may be the same as the anesthetic block they do for outpatient hand surgeries. I'm very curious as to what relief (if any) you experience over the next few days.
I only got the block. This morning I was feeling a little better but I also took my pain meds last night because I couldn't sleep due to the pain. And throughout the day my pain was back to what it is was before. I am also getting a lot of shoulder pain at the front too and also at my injection site today in addition to the regular pain in my hand, arm, back of the shoulder and neck. So at this point, I can't really say if the block even helped, but I will continue to monitor my pain levels over the next few days. I think the thing about these injections is, they may also cause muscle spasms in the same areas or other ones and that just makes it even more difficult to figure out whether it was effective. That is what happened when I got an epidural to my cervical spine, I had major muscle spasms and ended up in more than before. My anesthesiologist thinks the BP block was definitely positive because I felt slight relief yesterday morning. He says he is going to recommend another one to see if I can get more relief or do a scalene block along with the BP but he doesn't seem to care whether or not we figure out the source, he is more concerned with it giving me relief. I, however, want to know the source(s) rather than getting temporary relief. Still waiting to talk to my neuro to see what he thinks. I am also finally seeing a TOS vascular surgeon next week here so I am looking forward to getting some answers then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
How long are you restricted from driving?
I don't drive, I take public transportation in NYC so I wasn't really given a restriction. However, I also don't even allow myself to drive when I am for example, in Toronto because I get sharp random pain in addition to the constant pain in my neck and shoulder and am too afraid I will crash. I couldn't use my arm/hand until 7 am although it was still numb and tingling and had gotten the block around 3:30pm the day before.
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote