View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default first part, first two sentances.

The spinal cord has 3 layers known as the thecal sac. If there is just an indentation is isn't so bad. But when there is a tear, and contact with the nerve root (you have bilateral contact) being touched, that is causing some of this pain. He will want to repair the tear, correct herniation. You may get a new disc inbetween.
Second sentance disc herniations at C2-3 and C3-4. just indenting
Broad based disc "just indenting"narrowing of the bilaterial foramina. At C4-5. This does not say compression of the nerve root. nor does it state mild or severe narrowing, not quite sure about that.
Buldge at C5-5 again bilateral narrowing but no compression of nerve root, not completely herniated, but squishing is a term I would use.(laymans term)
any time you do not have compression of the nerve root, that is a better situation. Also in the language, when "mild" is used, rather than "severe" you have a better outlook. Down at the end, where it says about C4-5, C5-6, and C6-7 says "mild" moderate in the language regarding the narrowing of the foraminal
You do have a tear at C6-7. I would assume this would be corrected as well.
I would imagin so there is not an advancement of the tear.

I need to look up more about Broad based central posterior (in back again) at l4-5, herniation.
Sizes, I do not know much about. In what I am reading it doesn't specify what is "mild" or what is "severe' regarding that. measures 1.7. again I am going to have to look more to see what that means.
All of the language in these things is difficult. I just am learnng the full range of what goes on in the spine. I will look more tomorrow. Hope others help you to read this too.
If you have time, jump on line and start looking at each word, to know meaning, then it kind of comes together in whole context. Talk to you tomorrow. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote