View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 07:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
So taking a good magnesium supplement or eating foods rich in it may help. Poor magnesium levels are implicated in PN symptoms (nerve malfunction) in some people, and are very bad for health because about 300 systems use it as a cofactor. Estimates are that about 70% Americans are low in this vital mineral. Do not accept magnesium OXIDE however, as it is not absorbed, and is basically a laxative.
I am still soaking my feet in warm water with epsom salt every night. Then, I rub my feet and legs with epsom lotion after soaking.

I also rub my neck down to chest (I think that my shortness of breath maybe caused by some tight chest muscles - this is pure guess on my part). I rub my hands with epsom lotion as well.

With all the soaking and rubbing, do you think it might just be better if I take magnesium supplement? As you know, I have been taking so much supplements, I dont want to stress so much my kidney and liver, that is why I was avoiding taking another supplement, but if it is better taking it orally, i might have to reconsider.

Thank you.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote