View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahF900 View Post
About 6 weeks ago, I was running with my dog when i fell and hit my head (I know, what a great story). I blacked out for a few seconds than picked myself up and went home. My head hurt mildly. Didn't have any other symptoms other than my head hurting. My aunt is my guardian and had me get an MRI, because she was nervous. MRI was negative.

Lately, i've been feeling unusual. I have bad headaches and trouble sleeping from time to time. I wouldn't say its ruining my life, but it is making it difficult. Received a text from a friend today, and didn't know who she was for a few minutes.

I think I have PCS.

I am a student. Lately, i've been living my life normally (going to class, to the grocery store, etc.). But, when my symptoms hit, THEY HIT. Some days are better than others. I don't get how on Monday I could spend all day in bed, but Tuesday feel fine enough to go to my internship.

I feel like I don't know what to do. I know I need to heal, but I guess my injury just doesn't feel serious enough for me to abscond school and move to my aunt's.

Does anyone have any suggestions from a similar personal experience or a loved one? Should I stay home until I totally feel better? Should I split my time between home and my apartment at school (to try to mantain some normalcy?)

THANKS EVERYONE.
-Sarah F
Hey Sarah F.,
Have you seen a neurologist? In general you should rest as much as you can.
concussedlawyer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote