View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboncal1972 View Post
the doc has not mentioned anything about degenerative joint disease or disk disease.
Sometimes they don't because the terms can be scary, after which some patients hear nothing because their brains have turned off (OMG, I've got a degenerative disease! ) It's a part of aging (and the price we pay for walking upright) and almost everyone gets it to some degree, usually starting around middle age.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerative_disc_disease

Quote:
you are definitly not scaring me.. the more you know the better you could help me and i truly appreciate that.
That's an excellent attitude/outlook. It'll help a LOT. Knowledge is power. You are not alone.

I like the conservative approach of the neurosurgeon who told you "to complete the pain managment first before surgery..." Surgery should always only be the last resort after all other alternatives have been exhausted.

I'd skip any more chiropractic due to the nature & severity of your cervical issues, even if they're limiting work to lower down. I'm a little surprised the neuros didn't advise against - mine did.
http://www.quackwatch.com/01Quackery...irostroke.html

I tried biofeedback. I wasn't able to get it to work, but I still think it's a great therapy for anyone who can.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote