Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Mrs. D,
I had listed the supplements I had been taking so you would have additional information when asking whether you had any thoughts or ideas about causes for the groin and leg pain that started a few weeks ago.

It is happening every few days. This is new and not sure what may have started this painful ache. Hard to describe; possible muscle pain? Like I mentioned previously, this is from the groin down the whole leg; especially the back of the legs; but right and left groin areas as well. It has made walking, at times very difficult and getting quite concerned. I have not added any new prescriptions or supplements.

I would really appreciate what, if any, suggestions or thoughts you may have.

Gerry
I think groin pain is possibly hip pain. If it is in the back it can be also sciatic pain or sacral arthritis. If you have a lower back issue, you will also feel pain down the backs of the thighs.

When I fell several years ago, I damaged a tendon in the thigh, called the adductor. This tendon attaches to the bottom of the pelvis. And let me tell you...when that tendon flamed up I was unable to walk, lift my leg, roll over in bed, and the only pain relief I had was aspirin! I couldn't even dress myself! Aleve didn't work. It hurt sitting, walking standing lying down...everywhere!

I still get minor aches there which I use my magnets for. And I had to do 3 months of PT for it.

Here is a link with illustrations. Hip pain is complex and can also be due to bursitis:

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/0401/p2109.html

Pain in the groin can also be meralgia, but that is typically down the front of the thigh only. Not in the back of the thigh.

If your pain continues, you'll have to see a doctor, for this, I think.

If you can take aspirin, try some AlkaSeltzer original formula.
If it works then it points to an inflammatory cause.
Just sitting on high stools, or "director's chairs" can put a strain on the lower back for some people. So you might not even think of that as a trigger etc. And you can herniate a disc anytime!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-07-2012)