View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 03:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default More info on Denver trip

Jo and anyone else who would be willing to chime in!

I've gone down the line with a surgeon in Los Angeles who has given me surgery orders for a scalenectomy . After that, however, I spoke with Dr. Sanders via phone consultation, and I'm really interested in having him evaluate me for the pec minor procedure, because it is so much less severe I think. Is that right??

Plus, Sanders' office was so wonderful and gave me a ton of references to former patients that he has totally fixed and that just love him. I have only been able to get one reference like that from the LA doctor's office, which worries me. Should it??

Anyway, I'm thinking after the above and lots of other extensive research that Dr. Sanders may be the way to go. I'm definitely at the point where I should be having surgery.

I would be traveling to Denver alone and meeting my parents there. I would have the consultation with Dr. Sanders on Thursday, and then possibly surgery on Friday.

I'm only 90% sure because I still have not completely decided to not go with the Los Angeles surgeon which would logistcally be a lot easier. But I need to decide by the end of the day tomorrow to make arrangements.

Anyway, meanwhile, thought I'd get all of your expert thoughts on how to prepare for this trip.

Hopefully this answered your questions. If not, feel free to ask away or PM me whichever you prefer.

I really appreciate any advice. I'm really really nervous about doing this right and especially about recouping from major surgery in a hotel! hugs, annie
LA31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote