Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Default A reply from titanrules

I posted this for member by request.

from titanrules :

Thank you very much for your information!! I have done some more reading...and hope you may have sugggestions oon how to handle this. During my appt with the dr. When I told him I was confused how all the burning pain in my upper back, arms etc. Is not SFN yet it shows SFN in my feet, he said that no matter where in the world that I went to would it Show SFN is the. Reason for that Pain. Yet, after. Rreading more, it seems to me that when the Burning skin pain begins in the upper torso(back, arms, throat, etc). It is usually caused by NON-length depandant SFN which shows when biopsy is taken from the thigh and arm!! The only place I was was biopsies was the. Foot and ankle. Almost all info I have seen they recommend 3 sites be biopsied for this very reason- it would confirm NLD SFN, which would explain the burning in other parts of my body bessides the feet. My question is how do I approach the dr about doing another biopsy? I have been told he is the best in Ontario, and I do not
want to appear that I think I know more...I am sure in reading my history there is many who think I am faking it, and because of previous issues with my leg weakness and abnormal Evps on them he may have missed that THIS pain started in my back.I don't see him for 3 months( to see how I make out on the meds he has rxd, and is thinking of doing a lip biopsy forr Sjorgen's Syndrome. But I also read that many with NLD SFN do not havE Sjorgen's. I am very intimidated by Drs and reallly don't know whether ii should try to discuss this before my 3 mth appointment, then he would need to book another biopsy(IF he agreed) and then wait again for those results and another appointment. Any suggestions are welcome and thank you for you help!!

Last edited by Jomar; 06-07-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: posted this message for member
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote