View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojayhonda View Post
Hello,
I would like to introduce myself to the community. I was officially diagnosed with CRPS yesterday. I am so happy to finally have a name to this monster. I have been suferring with this for close to 9 months already. It all started back in September 2011, I had severe knee pain and lost the ability to walk properly. I went to visit an orthopedic and we did some test including an MRI and nothing was detected only a miniscus tear and broken cartilage. We decided to have surgery to repair it, that was done in Janurary 2012, little that we knew that it will get worse from this surgery. I have been in extreme pain, swollen, muscle trembeling, temperature changes, insomnia and using crutches ever since. Severeal months ago the ortho DR was a concerned becasue I was not healing properly. More test were ordered MRI, CT Scan, Bone Scan, Lots of Blood Work. All test were normal with the exception of MRI and CT. They showed damage to my pattella, femur and tibia. I was sent to and ortho oncologist and rheumatologist. After carefull review of my history and the sequence of events it was concluded that I have CRPS. Yesterday was the first time I took any meds for the pain, and let me tell you it was Awsome to have a little break from all this pain and suffering. I know the jurney is long and hard, but I have faith in GOD that he will give all the stregnth that we need to continue foward.
Thank you for reading.
HI,

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you had to endure so much pain and
fear with this condition not knowing what you were dealing with. There is
real hope out there with breakthroughs in neuro imaging technology. The
research currently taking place is taking place at a faster pace and many
wonderful people in the medical community are seeking better methods
of pain control. Best of luck.
Joydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Turbojayhonda (06-08-2012)