View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just wondering what your antibody tests showed as in, what were your numbers...It appears I am headed for Thymectomy (not sure if it will be transsternal or VATS...I meet with surgeon on Wednesday) and Pre-surgery my numbers are sky high...no thymoma though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdolphin View Post
I am 6 months post transsternal thymectomy. My only MG symptom pre-surgery was ptosis, about 4 weeks post surgery the ptosis mostly went away. I stopped the Mestinon about 4 months after surgery and haven't had the ptosis return yet. (Thank God) However, all of my antibody tests in January, March and May are off the charts high, high enough that my neuroligist contacted an MG guru at Duke University. That guru said that he'd seen high levels after thymectomy and didn't find a correlation to the severity of the disease and they might or might not go down eventually.

My thymus was 9cm by 9cm, twice as big as CT scan showed it to be. No thymoma.

Yes - I have noticed memory problems - I'm attributing it to recovering from major surgery.

My badge of courage ( scar) isn't too bad, however, 2 of the wires are trying to escape and are kind of scary looking. (looks like 2 huge pimples) Can't have them removed till one year has passed, which is ok because I'm not wanting to be sedated right now since my MG symptoms are quiet.

Jamh1 - plan on being out of work 8 weeks - give or take 2 weeks.
Icrad1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote