View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 09:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello. I don't know how much help I will be either but, my daughter has spastic quad CP due to lack of oxygen at birth. My daughters feet will turn purple and her hands and feet are always cold. We were told that it had something to do with the venus (sp?) blood flow. She had an echocardiogram done in December and her heart is fine. With your daughter's underlying heart issues I would ask her cardio about this.
As far as the female issues go, my daughter who will be 13 this year, has had hair in her female region since she was around 4 or 5 yrs old, she does have hair under her arms and very small breast buds. We were told it was precocious puberty (sp?). Megan is also labled small stature. She is very tiny, she weighs about 57 lbs and is 49 or 50 inches tall. If you are concerned about this like Carrie said perhaps you could ask to be referred to an Ob/Gyn or an endocrinologist. As for seizures, Megan has had them since birth, when she was little she was on meds, but due to the side effects and the fact that her seizures only come a few times a month, we have chosen not to medicate. I do hope that you are able to find some answers. Know that there are a lot of wonderful parents here to lend a shoulder if you need it. {{{Hugs}}}
Tracy
Wife to Scott for 19 yrs, mom to 3 Joshua 17, Megan 12 , with CP, non mobile, non verbal, CVI, seizure disorder (no meds, only few seizures here and there), etc....Most wonderful little angel ever put in our lives.....Jacob 4 yrs old

Tracy Sheppard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote