View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 09:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default aspirin induced asthma

hi everyone,
my OHS training has shown me that usually incidents don't occur because of one reason but usually a combination of many reasons.
when my condition was worse and i was in a work hardening program i was asked to use an orbital sander to sand some wardrobe doors. i used my left hand because my right hand was already tingling, because it is my affected side. a day later my left wrist swelled up to the point where i had to see the doctor and i could not use my hand. nuclei (radioactive dyes) and xrays showed it to be a problem with the trapezium bone, an old motor cycle injury.

i was asked to take double anti inflammatory medication. this worked remarkably well, the inflammaton subsided to the point where there was no problem within 4 days. not working and taking the anti inflammatory drugs was making my scapular stability and tos better too. a pt had shown me that my scapular instability was evident when i put both my arms straight up in the air. my affected arm would be right next to my ear as my affected shoulder rose also, whereas my left shoulder would not rise.
i was feeling so good i thought would see if there was an improvement.
i was standing at the back of my house, i could see my reflection in the window so i took my shirt off to see if my r shoulder rose if i put my arms straight up. it felt good. i dont know why but i attempted to pull down my r scapula with my lower trapezius. something felt strange. i put my shirt on and moved inside. within 30 secs there was the worst pain that i have ever known in my upper back. i was doubled over and could not twist my torso. the only thing i could do was lay on the chi ball. this gave relief. but the chest breathing was happening in the most evident way.

almost two years later, one evening i had assisted my elderly neighbour with repairs to a special electronic chair with some soldering (US sodering).
20mins later my breathing was so affected i went to the hospital. prior to TOS i had never had breathing problems (one of the reasons TOS will never be recognised as a work related injury is because there are so many strange symptoms,the payouts would be enormous, it is only when a cure is found that it will be acknowledged)
much ventolin later, then a course of prednisalone (this made the pain down my neck and under my scapula improve enormously, i originally thought it was the anti inflammatory effect of the prednisolone which had improved the pain , but now know that it is the improved breathing which stops the LTN from being compromised)
a letter from the hospital to my doctor brought the breathing problem into focus. my doctor asked me if i had started taking the new course of anti inflammatory drugs he had prescribed. i said i had been taking them for 5 days. he told me to stop taking them.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

i know that if i take nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) and i have muscle spasms in my upper back, i will get breathing problems.

i have read that it is in the thoracic spine that most of the nerves that constitute the autonomic nervous system (sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems) originate. i understand that it is with manipulations of the thoracic spine that chiropractors claim that they are able improve the working of the autonomic nervous system. i know that when my chiropractor
makes corrections to my spine. a) muscles relax in the area and B) there is an indescribable change.

not taking NSAIDS has improved my condition

see you later towelhorse
towelhorse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote