Thread: ER visit
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 09:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Popping out of woodwork...to add .02 worth. LOL

Hey Everyone.

It is a very good idea to not stop for police, unmarked or other wise, until you are in a more populated area. It IS perfectly legal for you to proceed to a well lit parking lot, or even the police station it's self when a cop is trying to pull you over, as long as you DO NOT act like you are trying to flee or give him the slip, or anything else.

You CAN call 911 to let the dispatcher know what is going on....and they can verify if the police officer behind you is a real one or not. They are in contact with the police, and can let him know exactly what you are doing, and you can hear directions from him (via the 911 dispatcher) also.

In some areas, along some Highways or Interstates, there are some of the blue information signs that give info on how to contact the State Trouper's office by dialing * and some other number. Here where I live, going up and down Interstate 20/59 it is posted that *HP (so that would be *47) will get you in touch with the High Way Patrol office, and that you can use that in the case of an ER. Everyone might want to look on the Highways and Interstates around where they live, and see if there are such signs posted. You might also be able to find out this type of info by calling your Highway Patrol office and asking them if they have such * codes (or whatever they are called). Seems to me that they should be able to give you some kind of answer to that question.

As far as anything that cell phones do, the only thing that I know that is about universal here in the states is their ability to call 911. Even a cell phone that has no service (but that has power/is charged) can call 911. That is why they have those drives where they ask folks to donate their old, but working, cell phones to battered and abused women's shelters. They are trying to get cell phones to as many women as they can, because they are so useful in ER situations, even when there is no service to them.

Another good reason to keep a cell phone with you all the time when you are out, is so that if there IS an ER that happens, and you are unable to talk to rescue workers for whatever reason, they can look in your cell phone to see who your "ICE" (In Case of Emergency) people/contacts are. Just put them in your phonebook feature on your cell phone, and it will help in a ER, if ever one should arise. Again, you can even do this with phones that have no service.

I want to thank Allen for his post that got this line of discussion started. Also, because he is always trying to look out for all of us here, the best way that he can. So, Thank You Allen!! I am glad that you went to the ER, and that they LISTENED to you, finally. You said that "they said" you needed to have BP meds AND Pain meds..right? So, does that mean that you will be able to have something to help with your pain again? Were they able to set you up with a doc that might be able to help you out? I know that sometimes ER's can do that. Or they can at least refer you to someone. The one here does it all the time for all different kinds of problems that they need to have followed up on, but that don't necessarily require another trip to the ER (although if there is no other option, then they have the folks come back to them for the follow up stuff. Usually, this happens because of Insurance issues/lack of insurance). I am just so glad that you went, because that BP was scary high! Mine goes up too, when my pain levels are up. Just about EVERY time that I go to the doc or to the hospital to have procedures done, my BP is elevated because of the trip up there (remember, my doc is in another town and it takes me about an hour and a half to get to him). But, it doesn't STAY that way.....it just likes to go up and down a lot, I guess. But, I would be scared to death to have it ever read as high as your got! Please, please promise that you will take the meds, and take care of your self, ok?

Alright..this wound up being longer than I meant for it to be (what's new with that? ROFL...all of you "Oldies" know that I can't seem to ever write anything "Short" no matter how I try! LOL), so I am going to end this here. I will try to be back with a better post, catching everyone up on all the happenings around here. I have LOTS of Big News to share!

((Hugs))
Jose
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote