View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticMonkey View Post
I'm not really doing anything to reduce stimulation, im basically doing anything i can to try and reduce anxiety by keeping my mind off bad thoughts.

Tomorrow i have to go pick up the prescription and see what it is, i called the pharmacy and they told me but i completely forgot what it was lol.
My accident was Feb 20 2012 with pcs developing early March. Had a lot of the same dismissive comments from certain medical staff with an obsession that I hadn't lost consciousness so it couldn't be pcs!! Thankfully I have a very protective and understanding doctor now, am having MRI next week through neurologist and also have a psych referral to keep me emotionally safe as my impulsivity is dreadful. Prior to my accident I was already under treatment for long term anxiety and depression. I take 150mg sertraline daily for that. The neurologist upped me to maximum dose of 200 mg a day and I must admit that this has helped me to be more stoical and relaxed about the devastating effeect this is all having on life as I knew it.
Hang on in there, have a look on this forum for a thread called Lost and Found it has an amazing link to a list of statements to help people understand what we are all going through x
mollymum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote