View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

Yes there are things to calm the nerves that are topical.

1) magnesium lotion can work wonders, and also help your
RLS. CVS made a great lotion, but discontinued it. Some stores may still have some on the shelves. It is called CVS Epsom lotion.
Another brand is Epsom-IT--available online if you Google it.

2) I like Biofreeze gel... it is cooling and stops burning pain for
hours. Also available at Amazon and iherb.com
It is used by Chiropractors and physical therapists.

3) If you have a specific nerve pathway identified you can try Lidoderm patches. You would place 1/2 patch above the nerve path (not the endpoints) and it blocks the sodium channels involved in nerve transmission.
For you the lower legs--calves?-- 1/2 patch behind the knee above the bend. This will calm the peroneal nerve and perhaps help.

I can't imagine wearing heels with painful legs. For one thing,
this shortens the tendons in the calf and when you take them off those tendons have to stretch back and may not do so comfortably. I've read that women who wear heels alot, end up not able to walk barefoot or even wear flat slippers or flip flops.
So yes, I'd think shoes are a critical concern.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-08-2012)