View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 09:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lobectomies

I would advise against a lobectomy unless all other avenies have been explored. 99.9% of neurologists and neurosurgeons believe that seizures originate in the brain and refuse to search for causes outside the brain. I have argued endlessly with these people in newsgroups.

My opinions are based upon my own experience and though I explain what happened to me, even my own neurologists just can't believe what happened.

After falling from a ladder many years ago i started having very minor episodes of what was later diagnosed as simple partial seizures or temporal lobe seizures. Over the years these became worse and worse evolving into full blown simple partials that were becoming debilitating. The awful medications were started.

The only way we discovered the source of my seizures was that I developed other problems. I started having tingling in my feet and my sinuses stopped functioning. MRIs finally showed that I had a large ruptured disk in my neck and chronic sinus.

An ENT fixed my sinuses and a neurosurgeon fixed the ruptured disk in my neck. After a few months the seizures disappeared and I stopped the medication. I have not had a seizure since.

I once ran a newsgroup about seizures and we had some good results. One woman's 16 year old was having seizures and doctors of course only wanted to medicate. She had her daughter checked by an ENT doctor who discovered a tumor in one of her sinuses. After the tumor was removed, the seizures went away. Ask a neurologist if this can happen and they will say, no, it was just a coincidence.

One man in this group had subjected himself to brain surery and said much of his brain had been removed, resulting in loss of emotions, etc. Only problem was that he was still having nasty seizures. When I asked if anyone had every checked his neck or sinuses, he said no, but it was interesting, for he had played football all through high school and he had many neck injuries.

I recommend that anyone with any type seizures insist on exploring the head and neck for possbile injury or other possible causes.

Neuroloigsts and other doctors can be very hardheaded in their beliefs--especially if it varies from what they were taught in school. I have learned to be my own doctor and to explore every problem myself.

Good luck, Aeolusblue
Aeolusblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote