View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 11:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochbo View Post
This is my first post. I slipped on ice and hit my head on 1-27-12 and have been suffering from PCS ever since. It is been one of the most difficult journeys of my life. The most frustrating thing is dealing with doctors that make you feel like it's been long enough at 4 months and you should be able to return to a "normal" life and work full time. I have improved a lot but still suffer from extreme fatigue, confusion at times and headaches.

Last Friday I was driving and came to a red traffic light needing to turn right and I got so confused I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I tried to think and I thought well the traffic across from me is stopped so it's ok to turn right. I couldn't think about the oncoming traffic coming from the other direction and luckily slammed on my brakes as I saw the cars coming. That was one of my most scary moments.

I feel some mornings that my body feels like lead and I just can't get up and go to work. Please help.....is this normal for PCS? My doctor keeps trying to say it's depression but I wasn't feeling like this until after my accident.
So sorry to hear that. I gave in 2 weeks ago and sold my beloved car. Dfiving more than a mile scrambled me completely and I went through similar confusion at junctions. I decided to remove the temptation to overdo things and put myself or others at risk so the car has now gone.
mollymum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote