Thread: Gabapenten
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 03:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Gabapentin

Quote:
Originally Posted by camyam73 View Post
Well, I finally had a follow up with my physiatrist after the nortriptylene gave me side effects... He in turn prescribed gabapenten. I'm very unsure if I wish to take this medication... my headaches are not great, and yes, I still take advil, but not every day. I sometimes need advil three times a day, sometimes not at all. I just don't know if the benefits outweigh the risks, especially since I will once again start a new round of fertility treatments this coming month... I can say I feel I am about 60% recovered... I am thrilled actually, since I now have more good days than bad days (although I still get daily headaches, but I am able to simply ignore them, or sleep them off when I don't take the advil)

So - Advice, warnings, whatever... all welcomed.
Camyam I cannot speak to fertility issues but I take Gabapentin 3600mg a day for Peripheral Neuropathy with any adverse side effects. They added Nortriptylene to that as well and that did cause side effects so I'm off of it now. Yesterday my neurologist started me on a low dose of 30mg per day of Cymbalta then up to 60mg next week. According to my neurologists studies have shown that some patients on Gabapentin receive some relief by adding a low dose of Cymbalta. We'll see I just start it yesterday.
I have non diabetic unexplained PN.
best of luck as we all gets our meds tweated trying to find what works best of each of us as individuals.
Doc
DrAwkward is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
camyam73 (06-08-2012)