View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 04:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by painman2009 View Post
OOOkay. I fell into this issue on another forum where I gave advice but the limitations through comp differ between states.. I'm a new yorker.. I can see any doctor I want as long as the Doctor accepts comp.. and I must see a dr every 3 weeks (the dr in charge of the dx )mine is my neurologist. plus I must go to IME,s(insurance medical exams) every time the insurance requests one. the mistake I made was offering this advice (though i stated here in NY) but this comp patient lives in NJ.(there they are GIVEN OR ASSIGNED DR,S) but he did follow this advice.. no matter what state you are in (I believe) get an attorney to handle your comp claim.. that way if you are lost as to your options you can always check with the atty, and if so needed they will set up a court hearing to try and get needed treatment.. If you get me his state I will try to get more info for you..
Great response painman. He is in California and right now he is just plain scared and overwhelmed at the dx of RSD. I talked with him again today and encouraged him to find as best as possible a Doc that currently treats RSD. He also is tied to a certain Hospital etc. due to type of insurance. Thanks again for your concern and response.Anyone else out there with imput???
edever34 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote