View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 08:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ok ..I too had to deal with short term disability ins through my job..what a pain. first did you fill out the informational pack that they send out??? as it is short term disability they expect an update every month. or at the least every dr,s visit... all i needed was a dr,s note to my employer that I could not return to work and the insurance called the dr for the records..it is a pain but its only a piece of paper.. just remember to keep copies of everything and I mean every thing....also fill out the FMLA forms if you have them ..it can save your job. if you can ever return.. I have a lot of paperwork all scripts are photocopied all films or discs are saved by me and copied to dr, all reports are filed with me and copies to dr,s all request from job are copied all IME,s copied . all pAy stubs kept in chronicle order. all denials and EOB,s(explanation of benefits. ) all conversations regarding this . I keep notes on. all conversations I have with dr,s I keep notes on and even what i learn and what i say here..(me myself and I no-one els) I keep notes on.. especially because my memory is now swiss cheese. and these threads can get lost in the past.. and be very difficult to find again.. you must cover all bases. and be ready to hit hard when a problem comes up.. sorry i should say when or if a problem comes up.. I learned to hope for the best and plan for the worst.. that way I'm covered..
ok now that i sound paranoid ... I hope this helps ..
painman2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote