View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 08:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Did anything in particular set your back issues off like this? Were you in some kind of accident? I am going to look up some of the things on your MRI.
Just a quick review, I know for sure, that when there is a tear like at C6-7, and herniation, that is not something to take lightly. You don't have a reversal of the spine, rather straightening of the spine due to spasms. I know how bad that hurts too. Any thing thats compressing the spinal canal causes pain. I will look up particulars.
Leesa is the best to my knowledge on this site for reading these MRI's. I have not seen her on line lately, but if she sees this I bet she will respond.
What is a concern to me, is that your problems are over a broad area, or in many locations.
Has the doctor stated exactly what he wants to do???
Because most of your damage is posterior, that is most likely why he wants to approach from in back or posterior. My damage, was reversal of the spine, herniated more from the front.
You are very young to have this kind of trouble, and I am sorry this happened. I know that medicine has come a long way, and that real help can be had for most of our conditions. I will look up each thing to get a better understanding. I know the language, but I would like to look things up, line by line, and get the whole picture.
Are you seeing a neuro surgeon? Have you thought about another opinion?
I will start now, and do a little tonight, and tap back at you in the morning. I ran off a copy of the report to have it in front of me line by line.
Most of my damage was all in the upper part of the neck, C1- down to T1-2-3, which is left over problems. Definate cause of problems for me was due to my work.
Has your doctor mentioned anything like degenerative joint disease, or degenerative disk disease? Please don't take offence for me asking you. I don't want to scare you for sure. I know it is scarry enough to face these things. Is your husband giving you a hand lately, and being supportive?. We do need friends when we get in trouble medically.
This site, helped me get through all I had to do. I will try to do the same for you. I run back here all the time for help. I be here tomorrow.
I hope you get some good rest tonight. and that your pain is not overwhelming. off to look up a bit. ginnie
did you find out anything more about my mri..do you think it would be a multifusion in my neck..and with fusion do you lose alot of mobility
cboncal1972 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote