View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 07:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Donna

Nice to meet you - so very sorry that it is under these circumstances. This is still early days. I am not a doctor, so I can't offer medical advice - all I can say please don't give up hope for improvement (although I don't know how much). The brain is very slow to heal, and it takes a good twelve months to reach maximum healing from this type of insult.

From those I know who have suffered a rupture (and also from my own experience - I had an unruptured aneurysm clipped some years ago), memory loss, confusion, trouble finding words and even for some people weakness and mobility issues are quite common.

Make sure that you look after YOU. If you get too run down and too upset it will not do either of you any favours. Take some time out of caring for your husband to do things for yourself - walk, see a movie, get a facial, get some exercise, catch up with friends and famly - whatever, but give yourself some brain-space too.

I will be thinking of you, and I hope that you have some good friends and family around you for support. This could be a very long journey.

Please keep us posted on his (and your) progress.

Hugs

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote