View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default talking to doctors, methotrexate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Yes, I call this "going in the back door"... It is very helpful when training children and pets too! LOL In essence you let them think it is THEIR idea, but it is you who implanted it.

Neurologists can be the worst when it comes to being arrogant and stubborn however.

Also I'd like to remind: People on methotrexate are typically given folic acid with it, because the Methotrexate depletes it in the body.
Hello again and thank you for your info on both topics! I was prescribed folic acid to go with ( actually instructed to take it at least 24 hrs after the methotrexate. Your advice in dealing with doctors is Very sound, however this "etting the dr. Think it was his idea never works for me. For 15 yrs I've tried this route and still, here I sit without firm dx..It is as if they already made up their mind before I say a word. The latest in particular is the most frustratingg at the moment. Although I am grateful he did the skin punch biopsy,When giving me the results of the skin biopsy, he was adamant that the burning skin on my upper torso IS NOT from SFN, when he onlly biopSied the foot and ankle. From everything I've read so far tellS me he couldn't possisbily come to that conclusion without doing a third site for non-length dependant SFN. (The biopsy on foot came back positive, ankle negative. And why would he only do The 2 sites when info on performing this test says the "gold standard" is 3 sites? However by rx''ing methotexate does that mean he is rethinking tht position? Sjoren's Syndrome (which he may/may not investigate me for) includes non-length dependant SFN if I am right). How do I make him think it would be his idea to do a third biopsy when he was so adamant? Even Sjorgen's is only a small percentage of NLD SFN. My own GP was actually angry (and made sure I knew he was) with me for trying to find answers initially to what is happening to me. Telling me to stop doing my own research- I am not a. Doctor,, that there is nothing medically wrong with me. ThiS is what they said to me on suCh instances that I had DVTs, Pulmonary Embolism, bowel hemorage from parisites, numerous kidney infections, and these were not all from the same doctor. I know I must sound paranoid, and maybe to a degree I am, but I am so tired of passively waiting for evidence to become so obvious that they can't help but see my complaints are valid..thank you for letting me vent, and I pray that you. Can advise me how to at least get the third siite done so they have a more reliable starting point to invetigate,, that is, IF they DO investigate. I don't see him for another few months so I've even considered written correspondance as I truly think he is my last hope for getting answers. Thank you again and I apologize for the length of this post.
titanrules is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote