View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Early + bone scan, now - bone scan and have osteoporosis in late RSD. Please help!

Hi folks!
I hope some of you maybe have experienced something similar! When I was first diagnosed with RSD, they caught it with the bonescan in the *hot* stages where my knee/leg was super swollen red, hot and it definitely came up that way. It was abnormal. I have since then advanced to cold, purple (sometimes red) and discoloration and swelling comes and goes...skin stays pretty shiny though and hair loss versus hair increase etc. However, the pain is far from gone! stabbing, burning, RAW pain! The opposite limb is showing signs color, temp, knee pain etc. so the doctor decided to do another scan. It came back normal??? I did some research and found that at times, you can miss your window and the changes you will see in early stages on bone scans won't show up in late stages. The bones in the left knee started to lose density and now it has progressed to both hips, lumbar spine and hand. I had a bone density done a few months ago and am very borderline osteoporosis ranges. Would that not show up on a bonescan? My results were normal perfusion, equal uptake in both limbs and conclusion= normal. What do you think please?
Heather Rae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote