View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Mz Migraine

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. It cost all that two generations saved for before I was granted my disability. I don't even get enough to stay in my paid for home, with taxes and insurance. I did work 30 years, and had to retire early. I think the system is just flat out broken. I think so many people are hurting that they are not able to keep up putting more and more folks on the rolls. This isn't your fault. It was former Gov. who spent what we put into the system. These rules that they have in place, I don't understand either. Even with a rep. getting all the sytems in place to help was a torture, as it is to so many folks. Write to your state rep. ask him or her what can be done, and if there is any recourse for your case. I see alot of people needing help and not in a position with their rules to receive help. I am sorry, and no, it isn't in your mind. We don't pick when we become disabled. I have not met anyone who is doing very good financially when receiving benefits. I also did not pay into the system long enough, to qualify for more. No answers, and I sure have questions about how these agiencies work. I worry for all of us, including you Mz Migraine. One of my friends in upper state NY had to go into his pension because of receiving so little. I do wish there were more things to be done to help all the folks that become disabled. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote