Thread: ER visit
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 10:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I went to the ER last Thursday night and the docs and nurses looked at me like I was just looking for drugs. The doctor literally said well what are you here for? Drugs??? I said I am here because I am in extreme pain and I wanted him to do something to help me.... They ran my blood pressure for the third time and it was still hihg so they gave me 2 shots of pain meds and sent me on my way...... Has anyone ever heard of lidocaine not working for them. It doesnt work for me it just irritates me and makes my CRSP flair up......

[QUOTE=allentgamer;88541]Well I broke down and went to the ER. Just couldnt handle the pain anymore, and wanted a little relief.

At first the nurse didnt believe I was in any pain, was kinda lookin at me like a drug chaser. Seen that look so many times

Well, while one nurse asked questions the other was running my blood pressure, and by the look on the face of the nurse asking questions I knew something was wrong. The blood pressure was 190/115!! I never had blood pressure over 140/90.

They took me straight back to a bed, and told me that I was lucky I came in. They checked me over real well, and discovered that one side of my body was colder than the other side. That helped my story because the colder side is the side I was complaining about. It even feels like my insides have RSD.

They told me I have to take blood pressure meds, and pain meds. I have a predisposition for high blood pressure, and the pain causes it to go higher. Now I know for sure that I am not crazy, it did spread

Thought I would share this with everyone in case there is someone else having same troubles. If your having a headache, and excrutiating pain, you might want to go get seen right away. The high blood pressure is a killer according to the ER docs.

Here is another little tidbit of info I found that might save a life, or at least some grief.