View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by painman2009 View Post
crps..or RSD as I will always call it. there is no real test and the bone scan shows .. some things not all.. did you get a three phase bone scan.. this is important.. a regular bone scan is an injection then an hour break and scan.. a three phase bone scan is the injection. immediate scan, then one hour then 3 hours.. (three scans) the triphase bone scan is what they "say" shows the RSD best.. but not always... so if you show once but not twice it is still RSD and bone density test is test to see if you have osteo.. it might show up on bone scan but I wouldn't count on it... this is all my personal experience. and conversations with dr,s. .. good luck to you I hope this helped
Hi Painman!

Thanks so much! Yes both times they were the 3 phase bone scans but the first machine used a few yrs ago was a little newer, more high tech I think. The hot areas 2 yrs ago showed up as a solid red mass all around the RSD (knee, above and below) and with the recent machine, I could only see white dots on the monitor. Either way, had to wait the 3 hrs. From what I've read, the bone loss in my knee should've showed up as cold spots. The ortho surgeon was even shocked with the amt of loss I've sustained in the past yr..it's as if someone who's bed bound or something although I'm not. I walk with a limp and have to wear a brace and it hurts cont with the PT too. Bone loss should be getting better versus worse you would think as the crutches have been gone since mid-09. But with the original trauma I've sustained in the left knee compared to the right, I have no idea how they could ever be equal either because I have a partial knee replacement too. Have you ever had your films or C/D's looked at by another radiologist before? I did go ahead and request them. When compared to recent knee films, recent bone density report a few mos ago, now this test looks like I've just suddenly gotten all better!
Heather Rae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote