View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Oh, I see in your title...you put the level of B12 in. Sorry....

That is not "too high" for any reason.

My level when I tested Puritan's new methylB12 was 1999.
We had a lab tech post here once that the machines used to
measure B12 only go up to 2000.

So several of our posters here have had 2000 and are not worried at all about it. Many of us here keep our levels over 1000.

The only value for elevated B12 is for people NOT taking any supplements. In rare diseases, B12 may become elevated by itself, and that is a signal for doctors to look for a cause.
Leukemias, kidney disease, and some GI infections can do this.

There are many stand alone Methylcobalamin products you can buy to take B12 only. I'd do that in the near future once you "wash out" that product's effects.

As mentioned you can add in other things, after your rash is gone, one at a time slowly in less dramatic doses, if you need to.
Puritan's Pride has a very effective product.
iherb.com and Swanson's and Vitacost all sell online methylB12 for very little expense.

I really think using a shotgun product like you describe is not the safe way to go with so many ingredients in it, and I'd stay away from herbal ingredients as well.

When you decide when and if to take the methylB12 by itself, again, you can start at 1mg a day. You obviously absorb it well. Continue with empty stomach. I wouldn't take anything until your rash clears up.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (06-10-2012), w.wilkes (06-09-2012)