Old 06-10-2012, 12:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I tried magnesium - didnt touch mine-sorry

I tried magesium it didnt work for me-sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaforce View Post
Hello folks,

I am a ulcerative colitis patient with a serious migraine issue. The only thing that helps as an abortive is a NSAID like Ibuprofen, Neproxen etc. But they lead to GI discomfort that mimics ulcerative colitis flare and I end up with Prednisone course.

I am trying all different possible options for controlling migraine but no avail so far. Verapamil 240mg a day has reduced frequency from every 3rd day to 2X-3X a month but when there is a migraine attack, a whole day or two are wasted.

Tried butterbur extract for 5 months with no avail.

Now, I am on the way to give Magnesium a try (as ulcerative colitis patients as well migraneuers are known to have low serum Mg). I read through a previous megathread on Magnesium and learned a lot but the thread is old and few links were dead so here I am to ask SPECIFICALLY
If you are taking Magnesium supplements for migraine,
- What form do you take?
- A link to the product you are using.
- How long did it take to see any effect
- If you discontinued as you didn't see any results, how many months did you take Mg supplements?
- Any other supplement needed along with Mg? (Read about Ca supplementation but no evidence to be found)

Don't want to sound arrogant, at the same time, I don't want any more explanation (unless asked) as megathread covered majority of essential stuff on it (although migraine wasn't an indication discussed) and I would like this thread to be very specific to the question.

Many thanks in advance.
misskay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote