View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 12:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dorrie,

That's great about the treadmill. I hope you can keep up using it regularly. I find the things that count the most for health are the routine things we eat, and the routine things we do.

I encourage you to eat foods that provide minerals (vegetables) and that stick to your ribs (eggs, fish, meat, cultured dairy products - organic is best of course, but pretty costly). These foods provide good nourishment and a steady blood sugar level. I have found that eating like this requires planning - something I have trouble doing. I think it has to do with me liking to do what I want when I want. I don't particularly like other people telling me what to do. I've discovered that I don't even like me telling me what to do - and that's what planning is... me figuring out what is best and coming up with a plan that I am supposed to execute in the future. When that future comes, I don't even like me telling me what to do, if I don't feel like it at the time. But following a plan to prepare and eat a good breakfast, for example, helps me avoid eating sugary, starchy foods when I run out of gas, so to speak, later in the day.

Last edited by wasabi; 04-16-2007 at 05:35 PM.
wasabi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote