View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankgrl13 View Post
It's rare to find a young person with a spontaneous csf leak. Im 24 and have had one for 7 years. Ive been through blood patch hell as well. Fibrin glue patches are more effective/less invasive than surgery. Ultimately the ct myelogram is the definitive test to locate it. California, specficially UCSF and Cedars sinai are the hubs for this. I have a ridic long history, so if you have any specific questions let me know.
glue patch? whats that... my mom just recently diagnosed with a leak... did three patchs... not working...did surgery ... she also has lupus, .... she wound up with infection in her spine,then they figured out the leak.... three patches and surgery later, shes worse i think.... and weve never been thru or heard of this before, now i look at all the posts, and other sites, and im amazed noone has come out with a good story saying their surgery or patch has healed and never have to go thru it again...seeems to be ongoing... scary...im sorry for you...just as sorry as i am for my own mom...
alexis817 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote