View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

catransplant13,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I am sorry to hear of another head injury involving WC.

First, if you feel unsafe driving, Don't drive. You could make things much worse. If your husband can not drive you to work, stay home and call work and tell them that you are not ready to drive yourself to work.

If you can't convince your employer that you are not ready to be back at work, let your symptoms show and politely bow out when it gets too tough.

Is your doctor a WC doc? WC docs often try to minimize concussion issues. Either way, he does not understand concussions. Your body may be healing but your brain can take quite a bit longer. It is not uncommon for a concussion to take 6 weeks to recover.

In the mean time, stay away from alcohol and caffeine. You also need quiet rest.

Let us know how we can help. There are plenty of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

BTW, You can also help us by using a paragraph space every 5 lines or so. Some of us struggle to follow from the end of one line to the next.

Where are you a transplant to? I hope it is not California. WC is miserable in CA.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote