View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just looking for an outlet/an ear...

Hi folks,
I found myself seeking out answers on the internet when I came across this forum. I am two months in following my injury and am feeling super down. Although, I am trying my best to be optimistic it is still hard to adjust to the change in lifestyle. I have also had to miss out on several special events/occasions, another which is coming up this week. Mainly, my closest friends and family live out of town so I use to regularly travel out there to visit on weekends and now I cannot do that anymore. They do visit me, but as they are the ones with small children it is a bit more difficult. I've had to postpone a fitness/training plan. Which is difficult when you end up physically doing the opposite of pushing yourself. I try to reintegrate into the social world, but it has had to be in very small doses. The worst part is that although you are feeling fine, it is only after that you feel the surge of symptoms hit- and then its too late. I optimistically make plans and have had to break them. I feel guilty expressing these feelings when many of you have suffered for years, but this is still my own individual battle, so I mean no disrespect and am sorry for all of your struggles. I guess I am still in the adjustment stage. And it is so frustrating.
lynntlb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote