View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarayuwx View Post
Now I have burning pain in my arms. Muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders.....My husband is most unsympathetic to my pain and fusses when things do not get done......
Hi,

You suggest that the burning arm pain is post-surgical. While it may be an annoying, resolving residual of the surgery, it might represent a post-surgical complication, of which there are several, including complex regional pain syndrome. The chances are against it however if it is present, you must pursue appropriate therapies for such. CRPS/RSD is a naughty acronym in the ortho/neuro surgical vernacular and will likely be swept under the rug until it is much too late to do anything about it.

Please discuss such a possibility with both your surgeon or neurologist or PM doc as initiation of specific therapy for such much after 3 or 4 months becomes mostly ineffectual. Also, since you are post-discectomy with ongoing symptoms, ask about follow-up MRI with contrast to rule out recurrent disc. Oh...give your muscle relaxers and all other anxiety medications to your husband....sounds like he could us them!

Good luck!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-11-2012), Sarayuwx (06-11-2012), tamiloo (06-15-2012)