View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 01:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Aletrnative Therapies

I am glad that you have found relief in searching out alternative therapies. For some patients they can prove to be invaluable for others not so much.

As in any practice MD or alternative so much depends on finding the right practitioner. Where I live finding someone who actually KNOWS what they are doing is next to impossible, I'm glad that you have better access.

As in any therapy we need to be careful that we choose the correct therapy so as not to mask our TN and make it more difficult to treat. I have worked with many patients who refuse to use standard treatment because they are afraid and believe that an alternative treatment will be safer. We all have to remember that whether it's standard treatment or alternative they should all be considered drugs and used very carefully and only under the supervision of someone who knows what they are doing. Using the incorrect vitamin can be as dangerous as using the incorrect medical treatment.

I believe that for many of us alternative therapies can be very beneficial, as long as they are used with caution and not with a belief that because it's natural it can't hurt you.

Again, I'm glad that this is helping you and that you were able to find the right person to advise you. Good Luck!!
BethO2L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote