View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 03:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Massage sounds like a good idea. I think that massage was the only therapy that always helped some, whether in the hands of my genius masseur Jerry or some lesser mortal. Jerry was in Seattle and he did all kinds of techniques on me. "Touch for Health" sounds prosaic but it helped a LOT. I am not in as much all over pain now as I was when I lived in Seattle or in a polluted area in CA or Hawaii. Pollution was one of the chief sources of pain for me. Here, i have other problems, but the air is clean. It makes a difference in pain.
Do you have a hepa filter with charcoal? Foust Filtlers on line makes a great one but it's expensive. I had it for years and rebooted the innards of it last year when we had our forest fire smoke. I have it on now, again, for smoke of the latest New Mexico fires. The fires make our clean air polluted, probably for all summer, and I am having some all-over pain, but not as bad as when I lived in a frankly polluted area. the main effect from the fire now is my eye trouble.
I know how all-over pain can make one desperate. Willing to try practically anything. I hope, like Dej says, you can afford a message.
Even Rolfing helped me. It's supposed to be too strong for sensitive people, but for me it just helped, did not hurt. But with Rolfing you need to emphasize to the practitioner what your basic sensitivities are, as it's not one-size-fits all.
I think message helps because we are spastic. sometimes spastic in areas we don't think of. Everywhere. Muscles tighten up.
I can't go for a professional massage but I will try to get my daughter to give me one to see if it will help over all because I know when my son does my shoulders and neck it helps especially when he leans on the pain itself.
Shadiyah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mariel (06-11-2012), SallyC (06-11-2012)