View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the input.

Doc you mentioned a website about intractable pain by Dr. Forrest T. I think when I was first looking into intractable pain I came across the site, saved to read later, then quite honestly I forgot that I had it. Will read it and see what I can get as far as informationa after I've read it.

As to doctors, I started with the neurologist I think back in November or somewhere around that time. He was recommended, BUT quite honestly really have been questioning myself if he is the best doctor for me. So I will be looking for someone else.

I am limited on what medications I can take. I was born with one kidney and am in kidney failure. So taking NSAID I can't take as per my kidney doctor. So there is some limitation on my medications.

I had the spinal cord stimulator but didn't work for me. As to the Morphine pump Ive thought of it but didn't talk to the doctors about it. It sort of scared me being on the medication and not sure I can give you any explanation on why. None of my doctors mentioned the pump to me.

I am finding that my days are getting worse over time. Getting out of bed sometimes is a big task, getting up from a chair is a problem at times too. Overall I think I have been getting worse and that bothers me big time too.

Need to see who is on my insurance plan and make decisions on who to use. While I like my neurologist I am not sure that this is his area of expertise. so if I am thinking that then it is time to change.

will keep you posted and thanks for listening.

Allan
pebblebeach2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (06-11-2012)